May 15, 1918

May 15th 1918


My Dear Grace -

Well  we "done" London yesterday, saw all the principal sights, went with a party of YMC.A fellows and were out all day, was pretty tired last night,

I am enclosing a "bit" of straw taken from the stable of the Kings riding horse, or the Royal stable back of Buckingham Palace, it was a great day I certainly like London, it is so old old old, lots of buildings built in the 15th and 16th century, and all the buildings of even later dates are so artistic, its just wonderful. I am so sorry that you can't see some of it, I have decided that you shall come to London, if the war is over before I go back that is meet me here and we will take a trip, I mean this, I will stay here with the Y.MC.A untill you come as, I no doubt, can stay as they will want men for 2 yrs after the war is over

Some of our men and a few of the girls are being sent back they are not the king for Y.M.C.A.

Well Grace, have just come back from head quarters, you know they asked for volunteers to stay in England, I told them I would go where ever they wanted me, or needed me, while it is a great disappointment to me just now, to stay here, it is for the Y.M.C.A and I am Y.M.C.A. clear thro' now, so Pat and I will be here for some time, eventually we will be sent to France, as we told them that it was a great disappointment but was willing o do where ever we were needed, I suppose we will be here for at least six Months and perhaps longer

While you no doubt are pleased this thing gets into your blood and you want to be where the noise and danger is, but Y.M.C.A. men are needed in Eng. more just now than in France for reasons that I can not tell you

Of corse it will be a long time before our mail will get to us, it is only a Month since I left home and I have just 3 letters 2 from you and one from Babs and it will be ten days yet before I will get a letter, if I was going to France I would of had my mail day after to morrow.

Everything takes time her just as soon as I find out where I am going I will let you know

this is a poor letter as far as writing is concerned as Pat is using the desk

Wish you would send me a box of Elportana cigars about 100, think they would come in a handy. Cigars here are about 20¢ to 50¢ apiece, I am smoking a new English pipe.

Going to show will write another letter when I am back

Love

Will

Address.
American Y.M.C.A
47 Russell swq.
London, W. C.
Eng.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 17-18, 1919

February 15, 1919

September 1, 1918