August 27, 1918

Excerpts from August 17, 1918:


My Dear Grace -

Record your letter written July 26th and Gertrude's enclosed, I just felt that I would get a letter to- day,

Pat received one from Ethel, and oh Grace what a difference, she talks about being with Walt. Thirlby and that Grace Thirlby does not speak to hear and etc. You don't know how glad dear, I am that you are not that kind, I just feel so happy I have such confidence in you, I told Pat, I would be just crazy if you wrote any thing like that to me

But I know I will never get a letter of that kind, I have learned to know and like Pat. more than, I ever tho't I could like a fellow, he certainly thinks every thing of "Bussy" and Robert, I went in the other morning and he was writing home crying just like a kid, I says what's the matter "old top", Oh, he says when I think of the "kids" it just breaks me all up, but he soon was all right

Funny world isn't it, He has kids to cry about, and I want some to cry about. don't seem as if any one would want something to cry about does it?...

I see you have kindly refrained form mentioning, car lately, well I haven't

I wrote Ed. Monroe to take charge of it and get it in shape, so you let him have it, to do just as he wants, I told him, to go to it, and Grace he is just the fellow to get it fixed he is a good friend of mine, and not Extravagant, don't think dear that, you could nit get it fixed to suite me but, They won't pull any thing on Ed. as he has a car of his own, also he knows the ropes +etc, You won't care will you, I think it needs a man to tell those guys where to get off...

Pat and I are getting along fine, My $100 per, is not any to- much as, it cost like the D - to live over here if you live the way you should...

Pat is waiting for me so I will close for this tim.

Grace I love you

Will




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 17-18, 1919

February 15, 1919

September 1, 1918