November 11-13, 1918


Excerpts from a letter dated November 11 and November 13, 1918


My Dear Grace –

Well here I am dearie in Joe. Nelsons office, in Paris, the Armistice was signed sometime to-day, have not had time to find out and Paris is wild, it is now about 5: o’clock am going to have dinner with Joe, and then we are going out in the mob, and see the sights

Isn’t it wonderful that I can be in Paris to-night, I don’t suppose I will ever be able to tell, all the things I will see, But they are just wild, I came up here from YMC.A Headquarts, and it was most impossible for the taxi to get thro’, every thing is shut up the offices, and stores, they have pulled the blinds down over the windows, so that the windows won’t get broke and every body is hollering yelling Blowing horns, just acting as crazy as they can

I won’t have time to write very much now, as Joe will be thro shaving in a few minutes, But I will try and remember all I see and do to-night, so that I can tell you all about it.

New York may have a celebration to-night, but compared to what Paris will do, it will be like a Sunday school picnic

Do not know how long I will be in Paris this time but not over a day or so then Billy Haynes and I are going up the line or to Nice, I do not know which

But just think of the Thousands + Thousands of our boys that are over here how lucky Joe and I are to be to-geather to-night in Paris.

Will not write any more now, as Joe jas just come back but will send this off and write you again to-morrow

Love Love Love

Will


Nov 13

My I haven’t had time to do any thing since, I wrote to you, but gad, Paris certainly is wild, never has there been any thing like it in the world before, all night the 11th and all day + night yesterday, the crowds have just been crazy, If I ever get any time I will try and tell you all about it, I leave to morrow night for southern France to Niece for 10 days will go to Italy, Monte Carlo, Nantes, and quite a few southern Citys.

Saw Gen Pershing yesterday, and feeling fine, wish I had a Million Fcs. To spend, and I wish you were with me, it wonderful Grace, just wonderful, can’t even take the time to write to you I am so busy.

I love you and think of you all the time and would give anything in the world if you could be with me

Must hurry now to get something to eat before they close

Love


Will.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 17-18, 1919

February 15, 1919

September 1, 1918