February 15, 1919


Excerpts from February 15, 1919


My Dear Grace –

Have a few moments to spare, so will write you a few lines…

Ten months to-day and starting on the eleventh, and by the time you answer this will be on my last Month, and getting ready to come home, So you had better tell me just what you are going to-do when you answer this, Is Ethel coming with you, she told Ralph that she wasn’t coming to New York, but I guess she was just kinda sore in that letter, she no doubt. will be there with bells on.

I would suggest that we go to the Hotel Laytham, the one Ralph and I stopped at when we came over, if we could not get rooms then have it for headquarters untill we found each other, that is if we arrived first we would leave our address with the clerk, or if you arrived first and could not get room leave your address with the clerk. as it will be quite difficult for you to be right there when the boat arrives, and you might now know which, dock we were to dock at so if, I do not notify you otherwise, we will figure on making our headquarts, at the Hotel Laytham any taxi driver with take you there, its near the cor of 5th Ave. and 34th St. I believe…. lets try ad fix it so there will be no slip up, that is why I am starting in perhaps a little early, but then there must be many more letters that I will get answers to, you will no doubt get my letters, but I will not know that you have,

I may go to Rouen to-morrow, after a car, we haven’t very many drivers here and some one has got to go to Rouen and drive back a car, so I may get the job.…

Give my regards to your Father, tell him not to work to hard, that I find there is nothing in it…

Lots of love dear

Will

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 17-18, 1919

September 1, 1918