July 10, 1918

Excerpts from July 10, 1918:


My Dear Grace -

Pat and Mr. Lucas have gone to --- for the day, so I am running the job, not much to-do to-day and nothing new has happened, so there isn't much to write about...

A man came down from paris and took my car and all the other extras we have so, I haven't got a card to drive, but I just as soon walk any way, so I am not very sore on that point

I have never got the sweater that Maureen made perhaps never will, But I have enough to keep warm, if some guys don't steal it.

I just went out and saw a fellow in an Air plain looping the loop + etc, he was good. but you see so many that you never look at them unless they are pulling off some stunt...

we see people here from every nation on Earth and quite often dressed as they do at home...

I have been on this job just one month to-day, while there are lots of things I don't like, that is part of my job overhear to like them, so I guess I am getting along all O.K.

I hope dearies your finances are not worrying you now,

Am still waiting for some picture. This gentleman that came down from paris has taken quite a likeing to me, and he is going to see if he can't arrange to leave the man that came down with him here to fix up our truck and take my back to Paris to drive a car for him, it will only be for a day or so, but I am tickled to go, as he is a dandy fellow and I would like the drive, But we don't know wheather we can pull it off yet or not...

I dream of home quite often, when I dream its always as if I was home its quite a surprise to me to wake up and find I am in France, instead of our room, sometimes it takes about a minute to figure out where I am. Pat says its the same way with him. 

Well dearie not much of a letter, But just to let yo know I love you, and that we are all O.K.

Eat some Ice cream and cake for me also a chicken, and yo might eat a little candy as we don't know what those things are, If any body should give me a piece of pie I'd drop dead.

Best Regards to the Dog and Cat

tell Ruth Hello

Will

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 17-18, 1919

February 15, 1919

September 1, 1918