September 20, 1918

Excerpts from September 20, 1918:


My Dear Grace –

Rec’d your letters of Aug 14 – 16th last night about five weeks, they were certainly grand letters, not like the last one. and the pictures Grace, they are just great, the one of you, County and Snowball, It made me a little homesick, But I mustn’t tell you about that. You certainly are looking good, I guess it agrees with you to have me away, you have no one to bother you, Well I am glad you are looking so well, I think you were a little run down when I left…

I am enclosing a copy of a letter sent ot the A. Y.M.C.A in New York, to see if I can not get you an increase, in your allowance we have got to have money when I get home as I do not want to be broke, so if they write you let me know, It is impossible for me to save any thing over here a great many o the boys can, but they are situated different than Pat and I, it cost’s like the dickens in La Havre…

I am going to send you one of our magazines, printed here in La Havre, There is a little special in there about me, but it is quite well camoflaged, in regard to the person that had the french. Bulletins, translated to read in English, so the boys could get in the news, +etc, I haven’t seen the paper but Pat, was telling me about it, Well I am the cause of haveing the translation made but out side of Ralph, Tom Polk our chief and you, no one will know it…

This is a beautiful day darling, and Oh how I wish I could see you and look into your face this morning

This is not a very good letter dear but, it is quite busy at the office this morning, people asking me questions talking + etc…

Love Love,


Will

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 17-18, 1919

February 15, 1919

September 1, 1918