August 14, 1918

Excerpts from August 14, 1918:


My Dear Grace -

Just Rec'd letters written July 12 and 16th must be some time in between this bunch and the last as I have not had a letter for at least 10 days untill these two,

I left my pen down at the office so will have to use pencil...

Well I am D-- glad you have put the car in the barn if you had of done that about the first thing, we would still have a car and also some money...

I can see where you have had quite a little trouble you can never take a car to one garage and then go to an other, and get any service if you let them know you have been to an other garage first, It makes them sore before you tart to get any thing done

I always handed out a little dope, makeing them think tthey were the only ones that were takeing care of the car out side of my self, &Etc, Those guys in the garages all have a chip on their shoulders waiting for some one to start something,

I am awful sorry I did not sell the car, but then I tho't it would be nice for you to have

If I had sold it, We would be money ahead, as it is it will take all I make over here to just keep even, it makes me so D- mad as I wanted to have money ahead when I got home, seems to me with $132.50 a Month even if the Spruce St house is not rented you could get enough ahead so we could have a car, with out or by turning in the old one, I cant figure out where it all goes too of course there were taxes, Painting Papering Insurance...

Well I hope I have heard the last of the car stuff, I am getting just like 'Ralph,' I hate to open up a letter, on account, of what it contains, ever letter, is car car car, and this last one is the last straw, It couldn't be much worse unless you had run it off the end of the dock,  wish someone had, about the 18th of April

Well I guess I am thro scoulding, I shouldn't of said a thing, but as I said it is quite a dissapointment to me, as Its a job I will have to look forward to untill I get home of having the car fixed and I would rather do it than to have you try to do any thing more, as I think they would charge you about twice as much as they would me, Then there is all that money that has been spend and will have to be spent, just when we could use it for so many things, a new car or a nice long trip with you after I get home, or if we wanted to we could of paid the bank and Babe and been all out of debt, But darling I don't blame you a bit, it just makes me sore, you have been doing the best you could I know that and it has been very hard for you...

Did my laundry come back from New York all O.K. and what became of the sweater did that come back or is it in New York,

Ralph is up to Rouen for a few days, I understand they had quite a nice raid, night before last we had a scare, but thats all to day is St Mary day in France and I am having 1/2 day off so am writeing a few letters...

Well darling this is a bum letter, but I tho't I would get it out of my system, I know you will forgive me, if I have said any thing, that hurst as I did not mean it that way as Grace I love you more than any thing else in the world try and remember that, if sometimes my letters are not what you expected

I supposed I have a rotten streak and it is bound to crap out once in a while

Will write a good letter in a day or so

Love Love

Will


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 17-18, 1919

February 15, 1919

September 1, 1918