August 5, 1918

Excerpts from August 5, 1918:


My Dear Grace -

So you are still having your trouble are you (War is H) I received a letter from Geo Hamilin, and he states that the creditors are going to make trouble over the Walker accounts, one D thing after another, I wrote J. W. Patchin and told him to cable me if every thing was all right, I suppose I will have a law suit on my hands before I get thro with that deal...

Now listen if I were you I would "put that car in the barn and leave it sit there" and forget it, the sooner you do the better it will be for every body.

While I want you to tell me all your troubles I would like to hear some of them, that haven't got to do with the car.

It is a nice rainier day to-day and instead of going to lunch, I am staying at the office and writeing to you

Nothing new has happened to speak of, had a air raid the other night, that was quite interesting while it lasted,...

Oh yes and received a letter from Mabel, it did her good to call her down I guess. Ha:Ha

Well darling I don't know what to tell you but even if it is hard with out the car, it seems to me it would be a lot better not to try to run it, That is one reason I did not want you to let Ruth try it, as that car you have to do so many little things, in other words, you have to understand it, not to hurt it so I believe I would just jack it up off the tires drain the radiator and let it sit there, untill I come home. sorry but, you wanted my advise, and there is is, (Now do just as you wan to, don't pay any attention to what I say as you are home and I am over here

Ralph and I are get along fine, I am feeling pretty good most of the time, and certainly a lot better than when I left home

You know a short time ago I did not have a rain coat, well Mr Michigan gave me an old one of his, untill I could send to Paris and get one, well I wrote to paris and told them what I wanted +etc and did not hear from them untill yesterday that was a Month ago, they were sending me a rain coat and had deducted 55 Fcs. from my salary check to pay for it,

Well during the mean time Lucas got a rain coat from paris, and it did not fit him very good so her gave it to me, then I thot I wasn't going to get this one from Paris so I bought a good one that cost me 110 Fcs. now I have four, (War is H.)

This is a rather poor letter, but just to let you know dear, that I am all right...

I sent 2 Stars and Stripes to you this week so you should get them soon.

Yes I get a paper once in a while and they are very interesting, did you get the $50.00 and did Harry get the $32.00?

I dream of you quite often dear, always when I dream, I am home,

Well Good by,

Love Love

Will




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 17-18, 1919

February 15, 1919

September 1, 1918