May 13, 1918

Excerpts from May 13, 1918:


My Dear Grace -

How do you like my new home, Ralph and I have a fine large room with shower and tub. Tub is as big as a small lake, I certainly took a good bath last night, I put if off for a few days on the boat as it looked as if we might have to take one any time, I am enclosing a piece cut out of the London paper that I think the censor will let go thro' that was our convoy and believe me a sub don't have much chance with thoes chasers. won't be able to tell you any thing outside of what I send from the paper

London certainly looks good o me Every thing is nice and green the little parks are beautiful, have decided to send the whole paper and is small, I have marked the piece that refers to us.

Started this letter this A.M. but have been so buys, that I did not have any time untill just now and it is 6:30, picked you out some knives Meat knife hope you will like them I understand you can not get them in the U.S.

Just bought a shilling ¢24 worth oc candy about what you would get for ¢5 at home, but I just had to have some every thing here is very high, and it is quite a job to get a good square meal, cards for sugar, meat, + etc...

Ralph and I are going to a show to-night, to morrow we make a tour of London, will know Wed what we are going to- do We had our pictures taken to-day and will send them along soon also sent you a hdkf. to-day. both are a Wedding anniversary present, May 28th, hope they arrive on or before that date but i they don't you know that I did not forget 11 yrs ago May 28th

I like London very much it is not hard to get around and there is not the congestion is in Chi. or N.Y. or even Det....

Say find out if you can send me a cigar lighter and a dozen Gillete safety Blades, can't get Matches here or the Blades either

The people of London are just fine, while it is hard to understand at first I am getting to be a regular Englishman my self now and get along very well...

[Section torn off]

Censored this my self

Love,

Will

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 17-18, 1919

February 15, 1919

September 1, 1918