May 17, 1918

Excerpts from May 17, 1918:


My Dear Grace -

Altho I wrote to you this morning, I have some new paper now, and I want to show off, so I will write to you again...

I suppose it is June now, but the time you are reading this letter, our wedding anniversary will of passed, I guess the first time we have been apart on that date...

you know I feel sometimes as if I could never be happy in T. C. again, every thing is so limited to do any thing thats big the people the town and myself., don't you know, here in this work, you are somebody as a 2d. Lutenent even, you are saluted and etc also the Y.M.C.A. in fact every body shows respect to you, Perhaps it is because they do not know you X No that isn't it, the fact is at home every body does know you from the time you were a baby and they take you as a matter of course you have no chance to enlarge.

You know Grace, as I have said before you are the one that is haveing the hard time in this, here I am seeing all the wonderful things in London, and have just found out I will be here for at least four or five days longer, untill I get placed, nothing to do but wait, and see things, But I am anxious to get to work and see if I am going to be a round Peg in a round hole or a square peg...

I suppose by the time you get this I will of taught a bibl class, do you think I can get away with it, I told them I couldn't do it, They said yes you can Foote you go the stuff in you, well when the time comes I will do the best I can...

I just wish Mother was alive so she could feel that I was doing something that she would be proud to have me do for once in my life...

Don't take in any wooden nickles kiss the baby for me and you might also kiss Mable and Maude

Good by for this time

I love you

Will

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 17-18, 1919

February 15, 1919

September 1, 1918